What to Expect...
If you're visiting for the first time, we'd like to meet you and give you a gift bag, but we won't make you stand up, wave, or do anything weird. We're just glad to see you and welcome you. We're pretty sure you'll laugh more than you might in other churches, because although we're serious about Jesus, we don't take ourselves too seriously. Actually, we think people who know Jesus should be the most fun to be around! (Oh, and we NEVER ask or expect visitors to put money in the offering at the end of the gathering! Your presence is your gift to us.)
Sundays, 8:30 AM - Adult Sunday School (~45 minutes)
- All are welcome
Sundays, 9:30 AM - Blended Service (~60 minutes)
- Hymns accompanied by keys & organ and/or modern music with a full band
- Scripture readings
- 30-minute message that we hope will refresh, challenge, and inspire you in your faith
- Offering (funding ministries here and around the world)
- Attendants are child-safety certified and background checked
- Childcare provided during services
- Nursery: Children 0-2 years (available both services)
- Kid Zone: Children 2-3 years (available second service)
- Powerhouse: Children 4 years through fifth grade (available second service)
Leading individuals, through relationships, to become fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
2. God's Word is our source for truth and guidance.
3. All that we do is permeated by a spirit of worship.
4. We commit ourselves to nurturing relationships in our families, small groups and our church as a whole.
5. We realize all we have belongs to God.
6. We intentionally join God in His pursuit of those that do not Know Him.
7. We use our particular giftedness to be salt and light in our culture and community.
OUR CORE VALUES
Valley View Chapel (VVC) began in 1977 as a church plant from Long Hill Chapel in Chatham, NJ. VVC began at the Old Farmers Road School here in Long Valley, and then purchased our current site in 1980. This was a major step of faith for a small congregation. The church quickly grew and needed to add a second service and a classroom wing, which was built. Since then, we have added on a Family Life Center.
God's blessings have been abundant and exciting. But these all pale in comparison to the lives God has changed through His work in VVC! Many people have begun an eternal life-giving relationship with Jesus Christ; many have grown in Him through challenges and trials; and many have grown to be a family, which you are invited to join.
We are here to produce fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ. Through loving relationships we care for each other, we challenge one another, and we grow together. We welcome you to check us out.
We are not a church that stands on its own. We are a part of, and accountable to, the Christian & Missionary Alliance (C&MA).